Manchester News and Events
Planning your Manchester trip? Whether you’re looking for things to do in Manchester such as events and attractions, to make your Manchester visit run smoothly or are planning where to stay in Manchester, you’ll find everything you need for your Manchester holiday on Whats On in Manchester.com. Our What’s On Manchester guide has the latest events not to miss while you visit Manchester – there’s always something going on, so don’t miss out on the latest exhibitions, shows and more on your trip to Manchester by checking out our News and Events page.
See what's On in Manchester. The events calendar is always packed with arts festivals, live music, exhibitions, blockbuster theatre shows, sport and activities for family and kids.
Whats on in Local News – Manchester
The Alderley Edge celebrity wine shop where famous faces go for Jay-Z’s champagne and Kendall Jenner’s tequila
It specialises in celebrity wines and spirits but with no pretensions – and counts footballers, TV stars and millionaires amongst its clientele Manchester Evening News Whats On In …
Eurovision Song Contest 2023: Cheapest hotels available in and around Liverpool on night of the grand final
A lot of hotels have hiked prices on the night of the showpiece final but we have searched for the best deals Manchester Evening News Whats On In …
Honest Burgers in talks with staff over the scrapping of paid breaks
The chain introduced paid breaks post-lockdown Manchester Evening News Whats On In …
ASDA shoppers obsessed with ‘dreamy’ £38 jacket that looks just like £100 Zara version
“It’s mega good quality as well… I’m literally obsessed, it’s so cosy.” Manchester Evening News Whats On In …
Women claim ‘magic’ £18 anti-ageing cream ‘knocks six years off in ONE WEEK’
The budget 7-day anti-ageing cream is being called ‘magic’ – and the before and after pictures are proof Manchester Evening News Whats On In …
The best bar and restaurant openings of 2022 – from Lily’s Deli to Another Hand
Here are some of the best places to throw open their doors in the past 12 months Manchester Evening News Whats On In …
Chef Paul Kitching has died – tributes are pouring in from the restaurant world
He was a chef trailblazer who won a Michelin Star at Juniper in Altrincham, before heading to Edinburgh to create the acclaimed 21212 restaurant Manchester Evening News Whats On In …
Debenhams shoppers say £45 item that saves £235 is ‘worth every penny’
And Money Saving Expert Martin Lewis shared a ‘hack’ on gifting it for Christmas Manchester Evening News Whats On In …
1 2 3 … 25 Next »
- Guidance: Learning disability: applying All Our Healthby HM Government on 22nd March 2023 at 5:32 pm
Evidence and information for health and care professionals and the wider public health workforce to support people with a learning disability and their families.
- Transparency data: PHE spend over £25,000: November 2019by HM Government on 24th February 2023 at 2:20 pm
Details of Public Health England transactions over £25,000 in November 2019.
- Research: Health Profile for England: 2021by HM Government on 13th February 2023 at 3:55 pm
The fourth annual profile combining data and knowledge with information from other sources to give a broad picture of the health of people in England in 2021.
- Consultation outcome: Community Health and Wellbeing Worker: employer demand scopingby HM Government on 9th February 2023 at 4:07 pm
To support the uptake of the Community Health and Wellbeing Worker apprenticeship, Health Education England (HEE) are scoping the workforce demand with employers.
Manchester Evening News
- We simulated Newcastle vs Manchester United to get a Premier League score predictionby firstname.lastname@example.org (Lewis Barton) on 2nd April 2023 at 5:30 am
Man United take on Newcastle United in the Premier League on Sunday, so we simulated the game to try and predict the outcome
- Manchester United transfer news LIVE plus team news latest for Newcastle clashby email@example.com (Isaac Johnson) on 2nd April 2023 at 5:00 am
Keep tabs on the latest news, views and Man Utd transfer rumours with our dedicated blog updates.
- How Manchester United should line up vs Newcastle in Premier League fixtureby firstname.lastname@example.org (Samuel Luckhurst, Tyrone Marshall, Steven Railston) on 2nd April 2023 at 5:00 am
Man United play Newcastle in the Premier League on Sunday and our writers have shared their preferred starting line-ups.
- Erik ten Hag drops hint on Wout Weghorst's future at Manchester Unitedby email@example.com (Tyrone Marshall) on 2nd April 2023 at 4:00 am
Wout Weghorst has been on loan at Man Utd from Burnley since January and Erik ten Hag is pleased with the impact he's had.
- Anthony Joshua sends Tyson Fury clear message after Jermaine Franklin comeback winby firstname.lastname@example.org (Will Freeman) on 1st April 2023 at 11:55 pm
Anthony Joshua and promoter Eddie Hearn confirmed their interest in an all-British heavyweight blockbuster fight against Tyson Fury after AJ defeated American Jermaine Franklin
Manchester business live
- Marlish Waters switches Northumberland farm factory to all renewable powerby email@example.com (Tom Keighley) on 2nd April 2023 at 12:01 am
The family run business expects to launch new products in the next few months
- Everton post fifth consecutive full-year lossby firstname.lastname@example.org (Jon Robinson) on 1st April 2023 at 12:01 am
Clubs are allowed to lose a maximum of £105m over three years
- Plans for major new student accommodation scheme in the centre of Cardiff revealedby email@example.com (Sion Barry) on 31st March 2023 at 5:01 pm
Topland has launched a pre-planning consultation exercise for the proposed scheme at its existing Friary House building
- Trade mission to take advantage of new direct air link to long-standing Danish maritime partnerby firstname.lastname@example.org (David Laister) on 31st March 2023 at 4:50 pm
Humber and Esbjerg looking for forge further links after Eastern Airways flight launched
- Lush relocates Bristol store to Cabot Circus shopping centreby email@example.com (Abigail Turner) on 31st March 2023 at 4:37 pm
The Dorset-based cosmetics brand is expanding into a bigger outlet in the city's retail quarter
- Reporting suspected sexual abuse to be mandatory for those working with childrenby PA Media on 2nd April 2023 at 2:59 am
Law must be strengthened, says home secretary, so professionals like teachers and carers face ‘full force of law’ if they fail in their duty to protectThe home secretary is to spell out new requirements for people working with children in England to report signs or suspicions of sexual abuse.The government is expected to set out details of plans in the coming days to tackle grooming gangs and better protect children. Continue reading...
- Port of Dover adds overnight sailings to help clear severe coach backlogby Tobi Thomas on 1st April 2023 at 11:02 pm
School holiday delays of up to 14 hours blamed on ‘French border processes and sheer volume’Extra sailings are to run overnight at the Port of Dover to try to clear a backlog that left passengers stuck in Easter school-holiday traffic for hours on Saturday.A spokesperson for the port, which declared a critical incident on Friday, said it was hoping to clear the backlog by lunchtime on Sunday as some travellers said they had been held up for 14 hours. Continue reading...
- Free portraits of Charles III for all public bodies, but £8m cost branded ‘shameful’by Michael Savage on 1st April 2023 at 10:31 pm
Anti-monarchist claims the official portraits of the head of state are ‘scandalous’ at the time of spending cutsMinisters have been accused of “losing the plot” after setting aside £8m to offer every public body a free portrait of King Charles.In a move that drew criticism amid complaints of shrinking budgets across Whitehall and local government, Oliver Dowden, the cabinet office minister, said it was part of plans to celebrate the new reign and bring the nation together. Continue […]
- ‘Algebra under air raids’: the children in a Ukraine war zone who attend class in Australiaby Caitlin Cassidy on 1st April 2023 at 9:00 pm
Since the invasion, students have logged on to the Monash University virtual school from bomb shelters and bedroomsFollow our Australia news live blog for the latest updatesGet our morning and afternoon news emails, free app or daily news podcastRemote learning isn’t new for Sofiia Yakymenko. The 13-year-old grew up during the Covid pandemic when shutdowns, computer screens and distance learning became normal.But the Ukrainian student wasn’t used to evenings spent on Zoom with teachers in […]