Manchester News and Events
Planning your Manchester trip? Whether you’re looking for things to do in Manchester such as events and attractions, to make your Manchester visit run smoothly or are planning where to stay in Manchester, you’ll find everything you need for your Manchester holiday on Whats On in Manchester.com. Our What’s On Manchester guide has the latest events not to miss while you visit Manchester – there’s always something going on, so don’t miss out on the latest exhibitions, shows and more on your trip to Manchester by checking out our News and Events page.
See what's On in Manchester. The events calendar is always packed with arts festivals, live music, exhibitions, blockbuster theatre shows, sport and activities for family and kids.
Whats on in Local News – Manchester
The list compares Andy Burnham dropping Voodoo Ray on vinyl to London Mayor Sadiq Khan raising Tube fares Manchester Evening News Whats On In …
It specialises in celebrity wines and spirits but with no pretensions – and counts footballers, TV stars and millionaires amongst its clientele Manchester Evening News Whats On In …
A lot of hotels have hiked prices on the night of the showpiece final but we have searched for the best deals Manchester Evening News Whats On In …
The chain introduced paid breaks post-lockdown Manchester Evening News Whats On In …
“It’s mega good quality as well… I’m literally obsessed, it’s so cosy.” Manchester Evening News Whats On In …
The budget 7-day anti-ageing cream is being called ‘magic’ – and the before and after pictures are proof Manchester Evening News Whats On In …
Here are some of the best places to throw open their doors in the past 12 months Manchester Evening News Whats On In …
He was a chef trailblazer who won a Michelin Star at Juniper in Altrincham, before heading to Edinburgh to create the acclaimed 21212 restaurant Manchester Evening News Whats On In …
« Previous 1 2 3 4 … 26 Next »
- Guidance: Newborn blood spot screening: data collection and performance analysis reportsby HM Government on 21st September 2023 at 9:30 am
Annual reports on data collected by the NHS Newborn Blood Spot (NBS) Screening Programme.
- Guidance: Newborn and infant physical examination screening: education and trainingby HM Government on 5th September 2023 at 2:56 pm
Training and continuing professional development (CPD) for people working in the newborn and infant physical examination (NIPE) programme in England.
- Guidance: Sickle cell and thalassaemia (SCT) screening: programme overviewby HM Government on 17th August 2023 at 9:30 am
Information on the programme, including the screening tests, commissioning, quality assurance, education and training.
- Guidance: Handbook to the NHS Constitution for Englandby HM Government on 17th August 2023 at 8:46 am
Information about the rights and pledges in the NHS Constitution and what these mean for NHS patients and staff.
Manchester Evening News
- Luxury Manchester hotel owned by Gary Neville and Ryan Giggs lost £1.4m last yearby firstname.lastname@example.org (Jon Robinson) on 27th September 2023 at 6:05 am
The former Red Devils also own Hotel Football by Manchester United's Old Trafford stadium
- The nightmare vision of a post-apocalyptic Manchester created for cancelled TV showby email@example.com (Lee Grimsditch) on 27th September 2023 at 6:05 am
The show depicting Manchester plagued by an unknown virus was broadcast a decade before the real-life pandemic
- The city centre apartments that come with their own Jaguar SUVby firstname.lastname@example.org (Ethan Davies) on 27th September 2023 at 6:05 am
It could well be rolled out worldwide, Jaguar says
- Heat networks roll-out reviewed as Mancs hit with rocketing energy bills and trapped with supplier they didn't chooseby email@example.com (Ethan Davies) on 27th September 2023 at 6:05 am
It comes following concerns raised by residents, reported by the Manchester Evening News
- Phil Foden could get surprise Man City role vs Newcastle if Pep Guardiola rests key playersby firstname.lastname@example.org (Joe Bray) on 27th September 2023 at 6:00 am
The talking points ahead of Manchester City's Carabao Cup third round tie at Newcastle on Wednesday.
Manchester business live
- Rix delivers record revenues after Russian invasion sent petrol prices rocketingby email@example.com (David Laister) on 27th September 2023 at 12:57 pm
Group sees strong growth from holiday homes and lodges behind crude's leap and subsequent cost recovery
- West Midlands business leaders urge Prime Minister not to curtail HS2by firstname.lastname@example.org (Tamlyn Jones) on 27th September 2023 at 12:15 pm
Group of senior figures write to Rishi Sunak saying cutting northern leg between Birmingham and Manchester would be 'an appalling dereliction of responsibility'
- Over 40 HS2 officials paid at least £150,000 a yearby email@example.com (Jon Robinson) on 27th September 2023 at 12:02 pm
Reports have suggested that Prime Minister Rishi Sunak has been warned the price tag for HS2 may have soared past £100bn
- Big Interview: Eden Project founder on the power of local economiesby firstname.lastname@example.org (Abigail Turner) on 27th September 2023 at 11:56 am
Sir Tim Smit KBE moved to Cornwall in 1987 and is the co-founder of the Lost Gardens of Heligan and the Eden Project
- Gambit Corporate Finance expands with new recruitsby email@example.com (Sion Barry) on 27th September 2023 at 11:39 am
It has confirmed three new recruits
- Andrew Gilligan: ex-Johnson adviser said to have Sunak’s ear on HS2by Pippa Crerar and Peter Walker on 27th September 2023 at 6:00 am
Former BBC journalist who has a gift for persuasion has reportedly always been 100% opposed to rail project“If I could sum up my philosophy in a sentence,” Andrew Gilligan told a journalist after his stint as Boris Johnson’s cycling adviser, “it’s do something properly or not at all.”Gilligan, who is now back in No 10 advising Rishi Sunak and widely thought to be instrumental in convincing the prime minister that he should cut HS2, was often the focal point for controversy over the […]
- UK university students facing ‘unprecedented rent rises’by Sally Weale Education correspondent on 27th September 2023 at 6:00 am
Maintenance loan failing to keep pace with rising rents, which have jumped by more than 8% since last yearUniversity students in the UK are facing “unprecedented rent rises” amid record demand for accommodation, while the value of the maintenance loan designed to cover living costs stagnates, according to a report.Many students are struggling to find affordable rooms, as rents have jumped by more than 8% overall this year compared with 2022-23, a survey by the real estate services firm […]
- ‘It’s quite depressing’: the UK students struggling to find accommodationby Clea Skopeliti on 27th September 2023 at 6:00 am
Three students share their experience of trying to find somewhere to live as academic year beginsAs freshers’ events get into swing for Manchester Metropolitan University students this week, mechanical engineering student Karl still doesn’t know where he will be calling home for the first year of his studies.After Karl gained a place on his course through clearing, he quickly realised securing housing would be a struggle. The 20-year-old was told by his university that they wouldn’t be […]
- Family wait 100 days for Midlands care home refund after aunt’s deathby Robert Booth Social affairs correspondent on 27th September 2023 at 6:00 am
Advinia has failed to return more than £7,000 in unused fees despite repeated demands and promises to do soA grieving family have hired lawyers after one of the UK’s largest care home operators withheld thousands of pounds in unused fees after their loved one died.Clara Willetts, 95, died on 19 June in the £186-a-day Netherton Green care home in Dudley run by Advinia. The firm failed to return more than £7,000 after her death despite repeated demands and promises to do so. The money is […]