Manchester News and Events
Planning your Manchester trip? Whether you’re looking for things to do in Manchester such as events and attractions, to make your Manchester visit run smoothly or are planning where to stay in Manchester, you’ll find everything you need for your Manchester holiday on Whats On in Manchester.com. Our What’s On Manchester guide has the latest events not to miss while you visit Manchester – there’s always something going on, so don’t miss out on the latest exhibitions, shows and more on your trip to Manchester by checking out our News and Events page.
See what's On in Manchester. The events calendar is always packed with arts festivals, live music, exhibitions, blockbuster theatre shows, sport and activities for family and kids.
Whats on in Local News – Manchester
- Guidance: Infectious diseases in pregnancy screening programme handbookby HM Government on 30th October 2023 at 9:00 am
Guidance for local providers of infectious diseases in pregnancy screening.
- Research: Opiate and crack cocaine use: prevalence estimates by local areaby HM Government on 24th October 2023 at 2:12 pm
Estimates of the number of opiate and crack cocaine users in local areas.
- Guidance: Diabetic eye screening: programme overviewby HM Government on 18th October 2023 at 2:23 pm
An overview of the NHS diabetic eye screening (DES) programme, its services and contact information.
- Guidance: Cervical screening: gynaecological cytopathology EQA schemeby HM Government on 11th October 2023 at 3:57 pm
The external quality assessment (EQA) scheme for gynaecological cytopathology in the NHS cervical screening programme.
Manchester Evening News
- Cash and cocaine found after knifepoint robbery with teenager arrestedby firstname.lastname@example.org (James Holt) on 29th November 2023 at 10:14 pm
A 17-year-old boy was arrested on suspicion of robbery and being concerned in the supply of Class A drugs
- I’m A Celebrity fans say ‘poor Josie’ as This Morning presenter gets a shockby email@example.com (Liv Clarke) on 29th November 2023 at 10:01 pm
The This Morning Presenter got quite an eyeful near the jungle shower
- Have Manchester United been knocked out of the Champions League?by firstname.lastname@example.org (Jack Flintham) on 29th November 2023 at 9:56 pm
Man United's Champions League fate was left firmly in the balance on Wednesday evening after a draw vs Galatasaray
- Paul Scholes criticises two 'stupid' Bruno Fernandes mistakes during Manchester United vs Galatasarayby email@example.com (Kyle Newbould) on 29th November 2023 at 9:46 pm
Man United twice allowed their Champions League opponents to come back into the game via a free-kick and Bruno Fernandes conceded both.
- 'It's 2023 - nobody should be threatening our will to live and our ability to walk and move': Reclaim the Night returns to Manchester's streetsby firstname.lastname@example.org (Nicole Wootton-Cane) on 29th November 2023 at 9:42 pm
'We're marching tonight to show the nights are ours'
Manchester business live
- GMI wins brief to delivery £32.9m logistics parkby email@example.com (Tamlyn Jones) on 29th November 2023 at 4:15 pm
Construction group will build eight new units in south Birmingham on former manufacturing sites
- West Yorkshire projects secure £11.4m funding to benefit businessesby firstname.lastname@example.org (Tom Keighley) on 29th November 2023 at 4:10 pm
Eight programmes have been selected for a share of UK Shared Prosperity Fund money
- Bristol animation studio A Productions' series picked up by Skyby email@example.com (Abigail Turner) on 29th November 2023 at 3:47 pm
The company's pre-school animation series will be launched in the UK on Sky Kids and Now TV
- Rare listed Cotswolds buildings go on the marketby firstname.lastname@example.org (Abigail Turner) on 29th November 2023 at 3:29 pm
Savills will be handling the sale of the Grade II Listed buildings, on the High Street the Costwolds village of Broadway
- North East Automotive Alliance nets more than £5m to support Sunderland SMEsby email@example.com (Tom Keighley) on 29th November 2023 at 3:07 pm
The cluster will deliver a programme targeting 50 business on Wearside
- UK and Rwanda ‘still committed’ to deal after reports Kigali is coolingby Nadeem Badshah and Rajeev Syal on 29th November 2023 at 10:30 pm
Officials in the east African country are frustrated by delays in migrants arriving and negative attention scheme has engenderedThe UK and Rwanda remain committed to their controversial migrant deportation deal, sources have said, after reports emerged that support in Kigali for the agreement had cooled because of the continual delays.Westminster has already paid the Rwandan government more than £140m but nobody has been sent to the east African country yet. The first flight was scheduled for […]
- Home Office ‘loses’ 17,000 people whose asylum claims were withdrawnby Rajeev Syal Home affairs editor on 29th November 2023 at 7:33 pm
Tory MP queries claims marked withdrawn as government tries to clear backlog by end of yearRishi Sunak has been accused of losing control of the UK’s borders after the Home Office admitted that it does not know the whereabouts of 17,000 people whose asylum claims have been withdrawn.Amid a stalled Rwanda deportation scheme and rising costs for housing people seeking refuge in hotels, senior civil servants in the department were told by the Conservative MP and deputy party chair Lee Anderson […]
- What are the Tories’ options for cutting net migration to Britain?by Rajeev Syal Home affairs editor on 29th November 2023 at 7:11 pm
People have entered the UK in record numbers since the points-based system came in and ministers want to reverse thisSince the UK introduced a points-based visa system post-Brexit, ministers have talked tough on immigration while allowing employers to look abroad to plug workforce gaps and encouraging universities to bring in overseas students.Last week Conservative MPs demanded urgent action after it emerged that net migration – the number of people immigrating minus the number emigrating […]
- EU hatches backup plan to lessen impact of 10% Brexit tariff on EVsby Lisa O'Carroll in Brussels on 29th November 2023 at 7:07 pm
Exclusive: ‘Cushion’ for carmakers facing looming tariff under deal for vehicles traded between EU and UK from start of 2024The European Commission has hatched confidential Plan B proposals to “cushion” the impact of a looming 10% tariff on imports and exports of electric vehicles, the Guardian has learned.The proposal was presented to member states on Monday in response to pressure from carmakers to amend some of the conditions imposed when the UK left the EU in January 2021. Continue […]