This is a ClassBento LiveBox class! From the comfort of your home, share an artisan experience with your friends, family or colleagues, or just enjoy with some like-minded others. Here’s how it works:
- Book or Request your preferred time
- We’ll deliver a ClassBento Box to you – this is a physical DIY craft box containing the materials you’ll need. Shipping is free, and it should arrive within 2 to 4 business days. We ship nationwide.
- Enjoy the online class. You’ll receive a link to a Zoom meeting. On the day of the class, use that link to join the class. Class sizes are kept small, so you can easily ask questions and get immediate responses. Zoom is free and easy to use, on any device. You’re in control of your privacy – you can mute yourself and hide your webcam if and when you prefer.
What you’ll do
In the online classes, you will learn lots of subtle tricks and hints to help you make a beautiful felt scene. The craft is very simple to pick up and is a cross between embroidery (without threading needles all the time) and painting (without the mess)! Mistakes can be easily rectified and the whole craft is based on relaxation and no stress.
The picture you create aims to emulate watercolour or pastel pictures and in inspired by natural landscapes and coastal imagery. It’s a cosy thing to do inside.
In this beginner virtual class, you will create a miniature coastal picture of Studland Beach in Dorset. The work itself measures 4″ x 6″ and is then framed in a modern freestanding or wall hung white frame measuring 5″ x 7″.
The kit comes with felt, fibre and a picture frame. A full tool kit is available separately which you can continue to use at home or with my other online courses as you want to progress and explore the craft. The add on DIY kit includes a felting mat and non-slip mat, a three needle clover tool, a seven needle prym tool, and a single needle handle and needle.
I look forward to meeting you online and introducing you to a whole new world of crafting.
Needle Felting Tool Kit (£35)
You can add these when you book (optional).
- Felt (x 2 and practise felt)
- Fibre (10 colours) Merino Wool plus pure silk and yak/silk fibres and bamboo/silk
- Picture frame 5” x 5” complete with Perspex and mount
- Embroidery needle and thread
- Sticky tape to mount your picture
- Scissors to trim your work.
These tools are also needed but are included in your add on tool kit:
- Felting mat and non-slip mat
- Three needle clover tool
- Seven needle prym tool
- Single needle handle and needle, or a snip